Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Hodge-Podge

Good Morning World! 
It is Mary here and I am super sorry I haven't posted in awhile. :) It has been a crazy year and my senior year is almost over! It is crazy to say that the time has flown by very quickly. 

I stayed up till midnight last night submitting a scholarship application. Let's just say, that I always do stuff last minute and then get totally stressed out. It isn't good for my health. I pray that I will win one of the awards. :) 

So I would like to talk about different topics in this blog post today.  I haven't had a chance to read many books this school year due to all the reading I have to do for my Literature class. But the one book that I have enjoyed from this class is called Till We have Faces by none other than C.S. Lewis! It is a book about Cupid, Psyche, and Psyche's sisters, told by the perspective of Orual, the oldest sister.  It is one of Lewis better adult books. :) :P Jk. It is a pretty book overall. I am currently trying to get through a book that is all about the Tudors, Lancasters, and Yorks of England. Due to school, I cannot get through it sadly.  

Over the past few months, my family and I have been watching some very good movies.  For Christmas, my parents gave to my sister and me a box of movies. The Princess Bride, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Behind Enemy Lines, are some of the movies we received.  

If you haven't seen Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, you need to do so. It is such an amazing movie.  This movie is based on a book series where children are born with pecularities like some can pick up boulders, a boy has bees in his mouth, a girl can float and has to wear iron shoes constantly, and there is an invisible boy. Highly recommend! :)

Another movie that my family and I watched over the break is Valkryie. It is all about one of the main plots to kill Hilter. Lots of action and history.  If you are a Tom Cruise fan, you'll like this movie.  






And to end this blog post, I want to point out that today is the first day of Lent. What are you going to do for Lent? Some things that I am going to do is listen to podcasts by Catholic speakers, read the Morning Office every day, and be more diligent in school. :) 
Comment and tell me what you are going to do! :)


St. Mother Theodore Guerin, pray for us!

-Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment